In 2010, Ministry Architects expanded its work by helping churches build sustainable children’s ministries too. Since then we’ve supported nearly 150 churches that have gone on to build sustainable children’s ministries and written Sustainable Children’s Ministry, your practical guide to moving from last-minute scrambling to implementing long-term solutions.
The children’s ministry division of Ministry Architects was born out of many conversations with our alumni churches. Pastors and staff who had experienced the Ministry Architects process asked, “Could you do the same thing with our children’s ministry?”
We knew that what pastors were asking for was the same results-driven, highly relational process they had experienced with Ministry Architects in the past. What we weren’t so sure about was whether those processes that have worked so predictably with youth ministries would be transferable to children’s ministry.
Now after a few years and after adjusting the core Ministry Architects processes to fit more appropriately with children’s ministry and adding consultants to our team with unique expertise in working with children’s programs, we have made an extraordinary discovery: The process works as well with children’s ministries (some have even said better) as it has been proven to work in youth ministries.
“After reading the book Sustainable Youth Ministry, we asked Ministry Architects to come and take a look at our Children’s and Youth Ministries. It was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made! In one week, they were able to completely connect with the culture and climate of our church. Staff and church members both were actively and excitedly involved in listening groups. At the end of the week, Ministry Architects was able to present us with a report that truly encompassed the strengths, weaknesses, needs, and dreams of our church. It was amazing to see abstract concepts turned into concrete material. They made the most difficult parts of ministry seem very tangible and manageable. Most importantly, they were Godly people who will definitely have a huge impact on the future of our church!” – Director of Children’s Ministries, St John’s UMC
Ministry Architects is dedicated to building sustainable children’s ministries one church at a time. Listening is one of the things we do best. We know that each church is different, and in children’s ministry, one size does NOT fit all. As we architect a plan for your children’s ministry we will do these things:
- Listen. We will take the time to listen to your church’s successes, needs, concerns and dreams.
- Celebrate successes. We ensure that as you move forward, you can build on past success as you grow.
- Address challenges. We address specific challenges with grace and a workable plan.
- Support the dream. One of the most exciting things to come out of an on-site assessment is to hear that different members have consistent dreams for their children….even if they haven’t talked to each other about it.
- Share the load. Churches who are interested in having Ministry Architects walk alongside them through the building of their sustainable children’s ministry have the option to work with Ministry Architects for as long as is necessary.
If you’d like to visit with one of us about the possibility of our conducting a Children’s Ministry Assessment at your church, and/or would like to talk with churches we’ve served with our children’s ministry consulting, please don’t hesitate to contact us.