In this episode, Pastor Rob Dyer shares the story of how one sermon sparked a revolution in how his church cared for one another.
FULL SHOW NOTES:
- Congregational care is, first and foremost about love. They need to know that the leadership loves them AND they need to love each other.
- The congregation should be surprising you as the leader with how extravagantly they are loving each other.
- No program can compete with a congregation who loves each other well.
- Needs Among Us: on one Sunday, people report their needs, and the following week, people see if someone among the conversation can meet that needs. This has been running for 8 years.
- In some ways, this was the culmination of a long-term culture shift.
- Email Rob: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Email Trabelus: firstname.lastname@example.org