In this episode, author Michaele LaVigne explores what it’s like to lead well in a world of full of noise and burnout. Along the way she gives advice about how ministry leaders can stay grounded in a deep, genuine walk with Jesus.
FULL SHOW NOTES:
- We can’t just focus on competency in ministry. Character formation is the foundation that everything else is built upon.
- Discipleship isn’t just about intellectual ascent or knowledge of certain things, but it should show up in how we live. It should change our lives.
- One way of redefining sanctification is someone becoming more healed and more free. “Healed people heal people.”
- Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- Contemplative Prayer: engaging scripture and prayer with our imaginations.
- It can be argued that modern humans are the least exposed to silence in all of human history! Yet silence is a foundational practice of pausing and resting in the silence.
- “We often try to do our way into being. Most of the time it’s easier to be your way into doing.”
- Michaele’s Book: Living the Way of Jesus
- Learn more about Michaele’s Easy Yoke cohort
- Email Michaele: MichaeleLaVigne@gmail.com
- Email Trabelus: firstname.lastname@example.org